SANTA CLARA, Calif., April 11, 2012 – Intel Corporation today announced the 19 companies to receive the 2011 Intel Preferred Quality Supplier (PQS) award that recognizes commitment to quality and performance excellence. These companies distinguish themselves from the thousands of suppliers that work with Intel by exceeding high expectations and tough performance goals while demonstrating industry-leading commitment to quality.
In addition to the PQS award, Intel recognized two suppliers with the Achievement Award for their extraordinary accomplishments in the areas of velocity, customer orientation and reduced cycle time. The 2011 PQS and Achievement winners will be honored at a ceremony tonight in Santa Clara, Calif.
"This year's Intel Preferred Quality Supplier award winners have truly distinguished themselves by driving and executing to world-class supply chain performance in execution, innovation and quality," said Jaclyn A. Sturm, vice president, Technology and Manufacturing Group and general manager of Global Sourcing and Procurement. "2011 was a year that tested all aspects of the supply chain from core challenges of business continuity and affordability to the need for continuous innovation, velocity improvements and growing expectations of sustainability. These winners distinguished themselves not only in their ability to overcome, but their ability to excel in the midst of these challenges."
"Intel's 2011 Preferred Quality Suppliers have excelled across an extremely demanding set of expectations, and have distinguished themselves as industry leaders in technology innovation, supply chain excellence, and corporate responsibility," added Robert Bruck, corporate vice president and general manager of Technology Manufacturing Engineering. "These suppliers have made a substantial contribution to Intel's success through their commitment to quality in support of Intel's industry-leading silicon, packaging and test technologies."
The PQS award is part of Intel's Supplier Continuous Quality Improvement (SCQI) program that encourages suppliers to innovate and continually improve. To qualify for PQS status, suppliers must score at least 80 percent on a report card that assesses performance and ability to meet cost, quality, availability, delivery, technology and environmental, social and governance goals. Suppliers must also achieve 80 percent or greater on a challenging improvement plan and demonstrate solid quality and business systems. Additional information about the SCQI program is available at www.intel.com/go/quality.
The PQS winners provide Intel with the following products or services:
- Advantest Corporation supplies testers, test handlers, and test interface products.
- Applied Materials, Inc. supplies semiconductor manufacturing equipment, software and support services.
- ASML supplies semiconductor lithography equipment.
- Cabot Microelectronic Corporation supplies chemical mechanical polishing slurries.
- Daewon Semiconductor Packaging Industrial Co., Ltd. supplies plastic injected molded trays.
- DISCO Corporation supplies cutting, grinding, and polishing equipment and services.
- DuPont AirProducts NanoMaterials L.L.C. supplies chemical mechanical planarization slurries.
- Ebara Corporation supplies electroplaters, chemical mechanical polishers and pumps and abatement systems.
- FUJIFILM Electronic Materials supplies formulated chemicals, developers, precursors, slurries and advanced photoresists.
- KLA-Tencor Corporation supplies inspection and metrology capital equipment and services.
- Marvell Semiconductor supplies application-specific integrated circuit semiconductor products and engineering resources.
- Mitsubishi Gas Chemical Company, Inc. supplies chemicals for semiconductor device manufacturing.
- Murata Manufacturing Co., Ltd. supplies multi-layer ceramic capacitors.
- Rofin-Baasel supplies laser mark equipment.
- Samsung Electro-Mechanics Co., Ltd. supplies flip chip substrates.
- Siliconware Precision Industries Co., Ltd. supplies semiconductor assembly and test services.
- STATS ChipPAC Ltd. supplies full turnkey packaging and test services.
- TAIYO YUDEN CO., LTD. supplies ceramic capacitors, inductors, and filters.
- Tosoh Quartz Inc. supplies quartzware for semiconductor wafer processing equipment.
The Achievement winners are the following:
- Nikon Corporation awarded for velocity.
- Powertech Technology Inc. awarded for customer orientation & cycle time reduction.
Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) is a world leader in computing innovation. The company designs and builds the essential technologies that serve as the foundation for the world’s computing devices. Additional information about Intel is available at newsroom.intel.com and blogs.intel.com.
Intel is a trademark of Intel Corporation in the United States and other countries.
* Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.