SANTA CLARA, Calif., April 11, 2012 – Intel Corporation today announced the nine winners of the company's most prestigious award for suppliers, the Supplier Continuous Quality Improvement (SCQI) award. This honor, which recognizes outstanding commitment to quality and performance excellence, distinguishes these suppliers as world-class within Intel's greater supply chain.
Providing products and services deemed essential to Intel's business success, the 2011 winners will be honored at a ceremony tonight in Santa Clara, Calif. "Intel's SCQI award winners are role models for the continuous quality improvement cycle needed to deliver leading-edge products and services at sustained levels of excellence," said William Holt, senior vice president and general manager of Intel's Technology and Manufacturing Group. "We are pleased to recognize their exceptional accomplishments."
"Our suppliers play a crucial role in our ability to deliver return to our investors and to delight our customers," said Brian Krzanich, senior vice president and chief operating officer. "This year's nine SCQI winners have distinguished themselves by demonstrating continuous improvement in innovation, affordability, agility, customer responsiveness, and environmental sustainability goals. Their results are world class."
The SCQI award is part of Intel's SCQI program, which encourages Intel's key suppliers to strive for excellence and continuous improvement. To qualify for SCQI status, suppliers must score at least 95 percent on a report card that assesses performance and ability to meet cost, quality, availability, delivery, technology and environmental, social and governance goals. Suppliers must also achieve 90 percent or greater on a challenging improvement plan and demonstrate solid quality and business systems. Additional information about the SCQI program is available at www.intel.com/go/quality.
The SCQI winners provide Intel with the following products or services:
- Hitachi High-Technologies Corporation supplies etch and metrology equipment.
- Hitachi Kokusai Electric Inc. supplies diffusion furnaces.
- JSR Corporation supplies advanced photoresists, packaging materials and chemical mechanical planarization consumables.
- JX Nippon Mining & Metals supplies sputtering targets for physical vapor deposition process.
- Senju Metal Industry Co., Ltd. supplies soldering material.
- SHINKO ELECTRIC INDUSTRIES CO., LTD. supplies plastic laminated package and heat spreaders.
- Siltronic supplies polished and epitaxial silicon wafers.
- SUMCO Corporation supplies 200mm and 300mm polished epitaxial silicon wafers.
- Tokyo Electron Limited supplies coater-developers, dry etch, wet etch and test systems.
Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) is a world leader in computing innovation. The company designs and builds the essential technologies that serve as the foundation for the world’s computing devices. Additional information about Intel is available at newsroom.intel.com and blogs.intel.com.
Intel is a trademark of Intel Corporation in the United States and other countries.
* Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.