SANTA CLARA, Calif., April 9, 2013 – Intel Corporation today announced that 17 companies will receive the 2012 Intel Preferred Quality Supplier (PQS) award that recognizes commitment to performance excellence and continuous improvement. These companies distinguish themselves from the thousands of suppliers that work with Intel by exceeding high expectations and challenging performance goals while demonstrating industry-leading commitment to quality.
In addition to the PQS award, Intel recognized three suppliers with the Supplier Achievement Award, which recognizes extraordinary accomplishments in one or more key performance areas. This year's winners were recognized for high-impact contributions to Intel's success in the areas of velocity, customer orientation and reduced cycle time. The 2012 PQS and Achievement winners will be honored at a ceremony tonight in San Jose, Calif.
"This year's Intel Preferred Quality Supplier award winners have done a tremendous job of driving and executing to world-class supply chain performance," said Jacklyn Sturm, vice president, Technology and Manufacturing Group and general manager of Global Sourcing and Procurement. "2012 was a year that put all aspects of the supply chain to the test, from core challenges of business continuity, agility and affordability to the need for continuous innovation, improved velocity and rising to the growing expectations of sustainability. These companies distinguished themselves from the thousands of other suppliers that work with Intel by providing strategic capabilities that enable our technology roadmaps, demonstrating performance that exceeds our very demanding expectations, and by maintaining a long-term commitment to quality leadership in the semiconductor industry."
"Intel's 2012 Preferred Quality Suppliers have excelled across an extremely demanding set of expectations and have distinguished themselves as industry leaders in technology innovation, supply chain excellence, and corporate responsibility," added Robert Bruck, corporate vice president and general manager of Technology Manufacturing Engineering. "These suppliers have made a substantial contribution to Intel's success through their commitment to quality in support of Intel's industry-leading silicon, packaging and test technologies."
The PQS award is part of Intel's Supplier Continuous Quality Improvement (SCQI) program that encourages suppliers to innovate and continually improve. To qualify for PQS status, suppliers must score at least 80 percent on a report card that assesses performance and ability to meet cost, quality, availability, delivery, technology, and environmental, social and governance goals. Suppliers must also achieve 80 percent or greater on a challenging improvement plan and demonstrate solid quality and business systems. Additional information about the SCQI program is available at www.intel.com/go/quality.
The PQS winners provide Intel with the following products or services:
- Applied Materials, Inc.: semiconductor equipment, software and support services
- ASML: semiconductor lithography equipment
- Carl Zeiss SMS GmbH: photomask qualification, repair, metrology and tuning equipment
- DAEWON Semiconductor Packaging Industrial Co., Ltd.: plastic injection molded shipping tray, BDTR
- DAINIPPON SCREEN Mfg. Co., LTD.: cleaning and annealing equipment and services for semiconductor manufacturing
- EBARA Corporation: plating systems, chemical mechanical polishing systems, dry vacuum pumps, and gas abatement
- FUJIFILM Electronic Materials: formulated chemicals, developers, precursors, slurries, and advanced photoresists
- Hitachi High-Technologies Corporation: CD SEM, dry etching, ashing and defect metrology systems
- JX Nippon Mining & Metals Corporation: sputtering targets for physical vapor deposition process
- KLA-Tencor Corporation: process control capital equipment and services
- Linde Electronics, a Member of the Linde Group: ultra-high purity gases, equipment and onsite services
- Munters Corporation: VOC abatement and energy efficient air handling equipment
- Murata Manufacturing Co., Ltd.: multilayer ceramic capacitors and LTCC device products
- Shinko Electric Industries Co., Ltd.: plastic laminated packages and heat spreaders
- Siltronic: polished and epitaxial silicon wafers
- Siliconware Precision Industries Co., Ltd.: semiconductor assembly and test services
- Tosoh Quartz Inc.: quartzware for semiconductor wafer processing equipment
The Supplier Achievement Award winners are:
- Amkor Technology: semiconductor assembly and test services
- Daifuku Co.,Ltd.: fab automated material handling systems
- Lam Research Corporation: wafer fabrication equipment and services
Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) is a world leader in computing innovation. The company designs and builds the essential technologies that serve as the foundation for the world’s computing devices. Additional information about Intel is available at newsroom.intel.com and blogs.intel.com.
Intel is a trademark of Intel Corporation in the United States and other countries.
* Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.