SANTA CLARA, Calif., April 9, 2013 – Intel Corporation today announced the eight winners of the company's most prestigious award for suppliers, the Supplier Continuous Quality Improvement (SCQI) award. This honor, which recognizes outstanding commitment to quality and performance excellence, distinguishes these suppliers as world-class within Intel's greater supply chain.
Providing products and services deemed essential to Intel's business success, the 2012 winners will be honored at a ceremony tonight in San Jose, Calif. "We are pleased to recognize these world-class suppliers for their exceptional performance and commitment to excellence," said William Holt, executive vice president and general manager of Intel's Technology and Manufacturing Group. "Delivering a sustained pace of innovation requires continuously improving and we are delighted to work with such nimble and distinguished companies."
The SCQI award is part of Intel's SCQI program, which encourages Intel's key suppliers to strive for excellence and continuous improvement. To qualify for SCQI status, suppliers must score at least 95 percent on a report card that assesses performance and ability to meet cost, quality, availability, delivery, technology and environmental, social and governance goals. Suppliers must also achieve 90 percent or greater on a challenging improvement plan and demonstrate solid quality and business systems. Additional information about the SCQI program is available at www.intel.com/go/quality.
The SCQI winners provide Intel with the following products or services:
- Cabot Microelectronics Corporation: CMP polishing slurries and CMP polishing pads
- Hitachi Kokusai Electric, Inc.: diffusion furnaces
- JSR Corporation: advanced lithography solutions, packaging materials and CMP consumables
- Mitsubishi Gas Chemical Company, Inc: chemicals for semiconductor device manufacturing
- Moses Lake Industries (Tama Chemical): plating, lithography, cleans and reagent chemicals
- Senju Metal Industry Co., Ltd.: soldering material (solder sphere, flux, paste, bar, wire)
- SUMCO Corporation: polished and epitaxial silicon wafer
- Tokyo Electron Limited: coater-developers, dry etch, wet etch and test systems
Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) is a world leader in computing innovation. The company designs and builds the essential technologies that serve as the foundation for the world’s computing devices. Additional information about Intel is available at newsroom.intel.com and blogs.intel.com.
Intel is a trademark of Intel Corporation in the United States and other countries.
* Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.