The following news release was updated on June 16, 2020:
SANTA CLARA, Calif., June 11, 2020 – Today, Intel announced that Jim Keller has resigned effective June 11, 2020, due to personal reasons. Intel appreciates Mr. Keller’s work over the past two years helping them continue advancing Intel’s product leadership and they wish him and his family all the best for the future. Intel is pleased to announce, however, that Mr. Keller has agreed to serve as a consultant for six months to assist with the transition.
Intel has a vastly experienced team of technical leaders within its Technology, Systems Architecture and Client Group (TSCG) under the leadership of Dr. Venkata (Murthy) Renduchintala, group president of TSCG and chief engineering officer. As part of this transition, the following leadership changes will be made, effective immediately:
- Sundari Mitra, the former CEO and founder of NetSpeed Systems and the current leader of Intel’s Configurable Intellectual Property and Chassis Group, will lead a newly created IP Engineering Group focused on developing best-in-class IP.
- Gloria Leong, a respected leader with more than 25 years at Intel and deep experience in delivering server products, will head the Xeon Performance Group, delivering key Intel® Xeon® products for the data center roadmap.
- Gene Scuteri, an accomplished engineering leader in the semiconductor industry, will lead the Xeon Networking Engineering Group, delivering Xeon, networking and 5G products for the data center roadmap.
- Uri Frank, a seasoned leader with more than 20 years’ experience in delivering SoCs and IP, and Boyd Phelps, who has led several generations of Intel CPUs and IA cores, will lead the Client Engineering Group, delivering key products for the client roadmap.
- Daaman Hejmadi, with over two decades of experience leading teams inside and outside Intel, will lead the newly created Design Enablement Group, a horizontal team supporting Intel’s continued transformation.
- Navid Shahriari, an experienced Intel leader, will continue to lead the Manufacturing and Product Engineering Group, which is focused on delivering comprehensive pre-production test suites and component debug capabilities to enable high-quality, high-volume manufacturing.
Intel congratulates Sundari, Gloria, Gene, Uri, Boyd, Daaman and Navid as we begin the next phase of our world-class engineering organization and look forward to executing on our exciting roadmap of products.