SANTA CLARA, Calif., March 10, 2016 – Intel Corporation today recognized 26 companies with its 2015 Preferred Quality Supplier (PQS) award, which celebrates exceptional performance and continuous pursuit of excellence. The 2015 recipients exhibited extraordinary achievements across key focus areas of quality, cost, availability, technology, customer service, labor and ethics systems, and environmental sustainability.
Along with the distinguished PQS award, Intel recognized one supplier with the Supplier Achievement Award, which is a specific recognition for outstanding accomplishments in one or more key performance areas. The company also presented eight companies with its highest honor, the Supplier Continuous Quality Improvement (SCQI) award
Award winners will be honored in a ceremony tonight in Santa Clara, California. The theme of the ceremony is “Delivering the Future Together” as this dedicated group of suppliers has helped Intel push the boundaries of smart and connected technology and brings innovative products to market quickly.
“Intel is honored to recognize our Preferred Quality Suppliers for their sustained excellence in 2015 to deliver leading-edge technology with world-class cost, velocity and sustainability,” said Robert Bruck, corporate vice president and general manager of Global Supply Management at Intel. “Close collaboration and superb execution by these suppliers remains one of the crucial factors in enabling Intel to extend our industry-leading silicon, packaging and test technologies, and is a clear demonstration of leadership in their respective markets.”
“The winners of the Preferred Quality Supplier and Achievement Award are an integral part of Intel’s success,” added Jacklyn Sturm, vice president, Technology and Manufacturing Group and general manager of Global Supply Management at Intel. “The absolute focus and rigorous attention to continuous improvement and time-to-market innovation are a testament to their world-class support, providing Intel with a critical part of the foundation to be a leader in computing innovations.”
The PQS award is part of Intel’s Supplier Continuous Quality Improvement (SCQI) program, which encourages suppliers to innovate and continually improve. To qualify for PQS status, suppliers must exceed high expectations and uncompromising performance goals while scoring at least 80 percent on an integrated report card that assesses performance throughout the year. Suppliers must also achieve 80 percent or greater on a challenging continuous improvement plan and demonstrate solid quality and business systems.
Additional information about the SCQI program is available at www.intel.com/go/quality.
The PQS winners provide Intel with the following products or services:
- Amkor Technology Inc.*: semiconductor advanced packaging design, assembly and test services
- ASM International*: front-end equipment supplier for atomic layer deposit (ALD), plasma-enhanced ALD, metal gate and diffusion
- Daewon Semiconductor Packaging Industrial Co. Ltd.*: plastic injection molded tray (PIMT) media for bare die automation, substrate transport, device assembly and test, final shipping and storage, bare die tape and reel (BDTR) media for bare die transport
- Daifuku*: automated material handling systems
- DISCO Corporation*: precision cutting, grinding and polishing machines
- EBARA Corporation*: chemical mechanical polishers, plating systems, and dry vacuum pumps and abatement systems
- Edwards Vacuum LLC*: vacuum system products and abatement solutions
- Fujimi Corporation*: chemical mechanical planarization and silicon polishing slurries
- Hitachi High-Technologies Corporation*: dry etching, ashing, metrology and advanced packaging systems
- Hitachi Kokusai Electric Inc.*: batch processing and single wafer processing systems
- JLL*: facilities management
- KLA-Tencor Corporation*: process control and yield management solutions
- Lam Research Corporation*: fab capital equipment
- Mitsubishi Gas Chemical Company Inc.*: high-purity peroxide and custom back-end cleans
- ModusLink Global Solutions Inc.*: channel box CPU for Penang, Shanghai and Miami, and finished goods warehouse distribution for Miami
- Murata Machinery Ltd.*: automated material handling systems, hoist vehicles and stockers
- The PEER Group Inc.*: automation software and services
- SCREEN Semiconductor Solutions Co. Ltd.*: wafer cleaning and anneal equipment and services for semiconductor manufacturing
- Shin Etsu Chemical Co., Ltd*: silicon wafers, advanced photoresists, photomask blanks, and thermal conductive materials.
- Shinko Electric Industries Co. Ltd.*: plastic laminated packages and heat spreaders
- Siltronic AG*: polished and epitaxial silicon wafers
- Tokyo Ohka Kogyo Co. Ltd*: high-purity photo resists, developers, cleaning solutions and supporting chemistries
- Tosoh SMD, Inc.*: sputtering targets
- Tosoh Quartz Inc.*: quartzware for semiconductor wafer processing equipment
- VWR*: products, services and solutions to laboratory and production facilities
- Veolia North America*: waste management services
The Supplier Achievement Award winner is:
- Nanium*: outsourced semiconductor packaging, assembly and test provider (recognizing extraordinary results in product availability)