This honor, which recognizes outstanding commitment to broad performance excellence, distinguishes these suppliers as truly world class within Intel’s greater supply chain. This elite group of top-performing suppliers is truly exceptional and makes major contributions to Intel’s technology leadership, affordability and customer responsiveness. Providing products and services deemed essential to Intel’s business success, the 2013 winners help Intel “Deliver the Present and Create the Future,” which is the theme of the ceremony tonight in Santa Clara, Calif., where these suppliers will be honored.
“Intel is pleased to recognize these truly exceptional suppliers for their outstanding performance and commitment in 2013,” said William Holt, executive vice president and general manager of Intel’s Technology and Manufacturing Group. “Their world-class velocity and innovation define them as role models for continuous improvement, and we appreciate their efforts across all critical focus areas this year.”
The SCQI award is part of Intel’s SCQI program, which encourages Intel’s key suppliers to strive for best-in-class levels of excellence and continuous improvement. To qualify for SCQI status, suppliers must exceed the highest expectations and aggressive performance goals while scoring at least 95 percent on an integrated report card that assesses performance throughout the year. Suppliers must also achieve 90 percent or greater on a challenging improvement plan and demonstrate outstanding quality and business systems. Additional information about the SCQI program is available at www.intel.com/go/quality.
The SCQI winners provide Intel with the following products or services:
- Cabot Microelectronics Corporation*: CMP slurries and CMP pads
- Daewon Semiconductor Packaging Industrial Co. Ltd.*: plastic injection molded shipping tray, BDTR
- Hitachi High-Technologies Corporation*: dry etching, ashing, metrology and advanced packaging systems
- JSR Corporation*: advanced photoresists, packaging materials and CMP consumables
- Moses Lake Industries (Tama Chemical)*: plating, lithography, cleans and reagent chemicals
- Murata Manufacturing Co. Ltd.*: multilayer ceramic capacitors, inductors and electromagnetic interference components
- Senju Metal Industry Co. Ltd.*: soldering material (solder sphere, flux, paste, bar, wire)
- SUMCO Corporation*: 200mm and 300mm epitaxial and polished silicon wafers