Today Intel recognized 26 suppliers that have distinguished themselves with the highest commitment to quality in 2016. Intel partners with thousands of suppliers in various industries, and the companies honored today have proven to be the best in their class for their products, services and business practices.
Intel has three levels of supplier recognition: the Supplier Continuous Quality Improvement (SCQI) award, the Preferred Quality Supplier (PQS) award and the Supplier Achievement Award (SAA).
Supplier Continuous Quality Improvement Award (SCQI)
The SCQI award is the most distinguished Intel supplier recognition. It is awarded to companies that have achieved the very highest standards of quality, cost, availability, technology, customer service and sustainability. The select companies that qualify for SCQI status have demonstrated industry leadership and scored at least 95 percent on an integrated report card that assesses performance throughout the year. Suppliers must also have achieved 90 percent or greater on a challenging improvement plan and exhibited outstanding quality and business systems.
The 9 companies recognized with Intel’s 2016 SCQI award include:
- Cabot Microelectronics Corporation: CMP slurries and CMP pads
- Fujimi Corporation: chemical mechanical planarization and silicon polishing slurries
- IBIDEN Co., LTD.: substrate packaging materials
- JLL: integrated facilities management services
- JSR Corporation: advanced lithography materials, CMP consumables and formulated chemistries
- Mitsubishi Gas Chemical Company, Inc.: super pure hydrogen peroxide and other performance chemicals
- Senju Metal Industry Co., Ltd.: solder and related materials
- Shinko Electric Industries Co. Ltd.: plastic laminated packages and heat spreaders
- SUMCO Corporation: epitaxial and polished silicon wafers
“On behalf of Intel, I congratulate all of the companies recognized with this year’s Supplier Continuous Quality Improvement awards” said Sohail Ahmed, senior vice president and general manager of Intel’s Technology and Manufacturing Group. “These companies have distinguished themselves with a deep commitment to quality and constant improvement that touches all aspects of their operations, as well as unwavering commitment to pushing Moore’s Law to the next level. As suppliers, they play an important role in enabling Intel to achieve the quality that we ourselves constantly aspire to.”
Preferred Quality Supplier Award (PQS)
The PQS award celebrates exceptional, persistent performance and the continuous pursuit of excellence. Suppliers have exceeded expectations and performance goals scoring at least 80 percent on an integrated report card that assesses performance throughout the year as well as 80 percent or greater on improvement plans, quality and business systems.
The 16 companies recognized with Intel’s 2016 PQS award include:
- Applied Materials, Inc.: fab equipment, spares and services
- ASML: semiconductor lithography equipment
- Daewon Semiconductor Packaging Industrial Co., Ltd.: plastic injection molded trays, finished goods tape, bare die tape, carrier tape reels, wafer shippers and film frame products
- DISCO Corporation: precision cutting, grinding and polishing machines
- FUJIFILM Electronic Materials: formulated chemicals, developers, precursors, slurries and advanced photoresists
- Hitachi Kokusai Electric Inc.: batch thermal processing system
- Lam Research Corporation: fab etch and deposition equipment
- Murata Machinery, Ltd.: automated material handling systems, hoist vehicles and stockers
- The PEER Group Inc.: factory automation software solutions
- Shin Etsu Chemical Co., Ltd.: silicon wafers, advanced photoresists, photomask blanks and thermal conductive materials
- Siltronic AG: polished and epitaxial silicon wafers
- Tokyo Electron Limited: coater/developer, dry etch systems, wet etch systems, thermal processing systems, deposition systems and test systems
- Tosoh Quartz, Inc.: quartzware for semiconductor wafer processing equipment
- Tosoh SMD, Inc.: sputtering targets
- Veolia: waste management services
- VWR: micro-contamination consumables and on-site services
“We’re pleased to recognize our Preferred Quality Suppliers for their overall excellence,” said Ann Kelleher, corporate vice president and general manager of the Technology and Manufacturing Group. “They have consistently demonstrated the superb execution, constant innovation and focus on quality and technology affordability that we rely upon every day.”
In addition, the Supplier Achievement Award (SAA) recognizes a specific area of accomplishment in one key performance area. This year, Powertech Technology Inc. was distinguished with the SAA award for its extraordinary results in sustainability.
The SCQI, PQS and SAA awards are part of Intel’s SCQI program, which encourages Intel’s key suppliers to strive for best-in-class levels of excellence and continuous improvement.
Additional information about the SCQI program is available at www.intel.com/go/quality.