Today, Intel is recognizing 35 suppliers for their exceptional commitment to quality in 2018. These suppliers have collaborated with Intel to implement innovative process improvements and serve with the highest level of integrity, while providing superior products and services.
Intel has three levels of supplier recognition: the Supplier Continuous Quality Improvement (SCQI) award, the Preferred Quality Supplier (PQS) award and the Supplier Achievement Award (SAA). The awards are part of Intel’s SCQI program, which encourages Intel’s key suppliers to strive for best-in-class levels of excellence and continuous improvement. Through the SCQI program, Intel also recognizes supplier achievements in diversity leadership, innovation and world-class safety program performance. Learn more about quality expectations of Intel suppliers.
The Supplier Continuous Quality Improvement Award (SCQI)
The SCQI award is Intel’s most prestigious recognition and signifies an elite performance in all critical management systems supporting quality, cost, availability, technology, customer service and sustainability. These suppliers are industry role-models and provide unparalleled supply chain support.
“Congratulations to the recipients of the Supplier Continuous Quality Improvement Award,” said Murthy Renduchintala, chief engineering officer and group president of the Technology, Systems Architecture & Client Group at Intel. “These distinguished award recipients demonstrated a deep commitment to quality and constant improvement across their operations. Together, we deliver the technology foundation for the world’s most important innovations and advances.”
The six companies recognized with Intel’s 2018 SCQI award include:
- DISCO Corporation*: cutting, grinding and polishing equipment and services
- KellyOCG*: global provider of staff augmentation, business process outsourcing services and outcome-based workforce services (SCQI with Distinguished Performance in Safety)
- Mitsubishi Gas Chemical Company, Inc.*: super pure hydrogen peroxide, ammonium hydroxide and custom formulations to increase yield
- Senju Metal Industry Co., LTD.*: solder spheres, pastes and flux
- SUMCO Corporation*: 200mm and 300mm epitaxial and polished silicon wafers
- VWR, part of Avantor*: global distributor specializing in micro contamination consumables and on-site services
The SCQI award distinguishes best-in-class standards of service, responsibility and integrity. To qualify for SCQI status, suppliers must exceed the highest expectations and aggressive performance goals while scoring at least 95 percent on an integrated report card that assesses performance throughout the year. Suppliers must also achieve 90 percent or greater on a challenging improvement plan and demonstrate outstanding quality and business systems.
“Congratulations to all the companies receiving Intel’s Supplier Continuous Quality Improvement award,” said Ann Kelleher, senior vice president and general manager of Manufacturing and Operations at Intel. “These suppliers engage in constant innovation with a keen focus on quality and technology affordability while demonstrating exemplary commitments to manufacturing support.”
The Preferred Quality Supplier Award (PQS)
The 21 companies recognized with Intel’s 2018 PQS award include:
- Applied Materials, Inc.*: fab equipment, spares and services
- Arvato SCM Solutions*: value-added and forward logistics services
- Brewer Science, Inc.*: lithographic underlayers, anti-reflective coatings, and temporary wafer bonding materials
- Carl Zeiss SMT GmbH, Strategic Business Unit Semiconductor Mask Solutions*: semiconductor photomask solutions (mask repair, metrology, tuning systems)
- Fujimi Corporation*: innovative and enabling CMP slurry technologies
- JLL*: integrated facilities management services
- KLA*: process control capital equipment and services (PQS with Distinguished Performance in Safety)
- Kokusai Electric Corporation*: high-quality diffusion ovens providing world-class process coating technology
- The PEER Group Inc.*: innovative factory automation software for high-volume smart manufacturing
- Powertech Technology Inc.*: component and module assembly and test services
- Samsung Electro-Mechanics Co., Ltd.*: flip chip ball grid array substrate and flip chip chip-scale-package
- Schneider-Electric SEISAS*: electrical distribution, critical power and measuring solutions (PQS with Distinguished Performance in Supplier Diversity)
- Securitas USA*: provides physical security services, security systems support and related services
- Shin Etsu Chemical Co., Ltd.*: silicon wafers, mask blanks, thermal insulating materials, underfill and photoresist
- Siltronic AG*: polished and epitaxial silicon wafers
- Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company Ltd*: wafer manufacturing for externally produced Intel products
- Tokyo Electron Limited*: coater/developer, dry etch systems, wet etch systems, thermal processing systems, deposition systems, test and 3DI systems
- Tosoh Quartz, Inc.*: quartzware for semiconductor wafer processing equipment
- Tosoh SMD, Inc.*: high purity metal and alloy targets for physical vapor deposition
- Unimicron Technology Corporation*: substrate (flip chip ball grid array, flip chip chip-scale package)
- Veolia*: extracting value out of waste resources
The PQS award recognizes suppliers who relentlessly pursue excellence and conduct business with resolute professionalism. To qualify for PQS status, suppliers must exceed high expectations and uncompromising performance goals while scoring at least 80 percent on an integrated report card that assesses performance throughout the year. Suppliers must also achieve 80 percent or greater on a challenging continuous improvement plan and demonstrate solid quality and business systems.
“Companies receiving this year’s Intel Preferred Quality Suppliers award have demonstrated excellence in customer satisfaction and have been critical in enabling our technology and manufacturing roadmaps,” said Mike Mayberry, senior vice president and general manager of Technology Development at Intel. “These suppliers play a crucial role in our relentless pursuit of Moore’s Law as we collaborate to deliver the technology foundation for the future of computing.”
The Supplier Achievement Award (SAA)
Eight companies were honored with Intel’s 2018 Supplier Achievement Award for specific recognition in one performance area. These companies provided outstanding contributions leading to a significant improvement for Intel business.
- ASML*: Innovation
- Essai Inc.*: Customer Satisfaction
- FormFactor, Inc.*: Cost
- JSR Corporation*: Technology
- Keysight Technologies Inc.*: Innovation
- Murata Machinery, Ltd.*: Technology
- Nikon Corporation*: Availability
- Tokyo Ohka Kogyo Co., LTD*: Technology
Three companies were honored for supplier diversity or safety. These companies were elite in role-modeling behaviors with their workforce, investing in and implementing relevant programs, maintaining transparency, and supporting spending in the supply chain.
- KellyOCG and KLA: Distinguished Performance in Safety
- Schneider-Electric SEISAS: Distinguished Performance in Supplier Diversity
Collaboration is at the core of any successful supply chain. The 2018 SCQI, PQS and SAA winners provide exceptional collaboration contributing to Intel’s success.