Makers and Wearable Creators
Wearable computing is an accelerating phenomenon that is re-defining how people use and interact with information. Intel’s strategy is to imagine and create reference design devices and platforms ready to be used by customers in the development of wearable products.
Intel® Edison is a product-ready, general purpose compute platform that is well-suited to enable rapid innovation and product development by a range of inventors, entrepreneurs and consumer product designers in this space.
Intel also supports a variety of maker programs that help to inspire creativity, enthusiasm for learning and invention with Intel® Galileo platform technology among makers and students.
- Media Alert: Intel Empowers Innovators at Maker Faire Bay Area (May 7, 2015)
- Chip Shot: Creators, Crafters, Tinkers… What Will You Make at the Maker Faire Bay Area? (May 7, 2015)
- TAG Heuer, Google and Intel Announce Swiss Smartwatch Collaboration (March 19, 2015)
- Chip Shot: Get in the Holiday Spirit with Intel Wearables and Mobile Devices (November 24, 2014)
- Basis Announces New Smartphone Features, Accessory Straps and Retail Availability for Peak Health and Fitness Tracker (November 20, 2014)
- Fossil Group and Intel Announce Collaboration to Develop Innovation in Wearable Technology (September 5, 2014)
- Chip Shot: Intel Inspires Innovation at Maker Faire (May 12, 2014)
- Media Alert: Intel Powers Maker Faire Bay Area (May 08, 2014)
- Barneys New York, Council of Fashion Designers of America, Intel and Opening Ceremony Announce Wearable Tech Collaborations (Jan 6, 2014)
- Intel CEO Unveils Products, Initiatives and Collaborations for More Immersive, Intuitive Experiences and Increased Device Security (Jan 6, 2014)
Make It Wearable Challenge
Make it Wearable is a global initiative that was announced by Intel at CES 2014 to inspire new concepts, fuel innovation and evolve personal computing in exciting new ways. The Challenge is part of Intel’s broader goals to extend the company’s reach into new areas and imagine futuristic technologies that will impact our everyday lives.
Webcast Replay: Intel “Make it Wearable” Finals
- Video: B-roll coverage for the Intel Make it Wearable Challenge – Event, Finalists and Winners
- Webcast Replay: Intel “Make it Wearable” Challenge Finals