Intel® Optane™ technology was introduced at IDF 2015 and will first come to market in a new line of high-endurance, high-performance Intel SSDs beginning in 2016. Intel Optane technology combines the revolutionary 3D XPoint non-volatile memory media with the company’s advanced system memory controller, interface hardware and software IP, to unleash vast performance potential in a range of forthcoming products. 3D XPoint™ technology was unveiled by Intel and Micron in August 2015, creating the first new memory category in more than 25 years.
- 3D XPoint™ Unveiled—The Next Breakthrough in Memory Technology
- 3D XPoint™ Technology Revolutionizes Storage Memory
- Delivering Intel Optane Technology to Mainstream Client Systems
- Blazing-Fast Gaming with Intel’s First Client Optane SSD
- Intel Doubles Capacity of World’s Most Responsive Data Center SSD
- What Happens When Your PC Meets Intel Optane Memory?
- Intel Takes Another Major Step in Memory Leadership
- Chip Shot: Intel Unveils Intel® Optane™ Technology Based on 3D XPoint™
» Download all images (ZIP, 9 MB)
- Presentation: Press Briefing Keynote (PDF 2MB)
- Fun Facts: How Fast and Robust is 3D Xpoint™ Technology? (PDF 428KB)
- Backgrounder: Storage and Memory 101 (PDF 262KB)